Daily Chinese Proverb: Birds Fly Overhead

Posted by Charlie @ Discovering Mandarin Monday 21 September 2009
I have used the proverb that the people over at ChinaPrime tweeted yesterday, as my daily Chinese proverb, today. I will freely admit not knowing its true meaning and where it would be used, but really made me smile when I read it for the first time.

I am thinking it is probably used to describe temptations and how we might not be able to resist them, but we can prevent them taking over our lives.

你无法阻止鸟儿在你的头顶飞翔,但你可以阻止它们在你的头发上做窝。
nǐ wúfǎ zǔzhǐ niǎoérzài nǐ de tóu dǐng fēixiáng, dàn nǐ kěyǐ zǔzhǐ tāmen zài nǐ de tóufa shàng zuò wō.
You cannot prevent the birds from flying over your head, but you can prevent them from building nests in your hair.




If you have a different idea, or know a better meaning please get in touch.
-------------------------------
If you liked this please share to: |facebook |delicious|
--------------------------------------------------

0 comments

Discovering Mandarin via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Blogumulus by Roy Tanck and Amanda FazaniInstalled by CahayaBiru.com

Popular Posts

About Me

My Photo
Charlie @ Discovering Mandarin
View my complete profile