Daily Chinese Proverb: A New Leaf

Posted by Charlie @ Discovering Mandarin Wednesday 9 September 2009
This proverb is great for the new school year. In English, this proverb would more commonly be: To turn over a new leaf. To start afresh, to wipe the slate clean.

In other words this proverb is all about clearing your reputation and starting again. With only your actions from now counting towards your new book, (leaf originally meaning page of a book as opposed to a plant).

For me today, this is about trying to really hit my personaly goals and targets. Organise my time a little better and probably try and be a better boyfriend to my other half, who often gets less attention given to her because of this blog.

Sorry Jen. I will try to change the way I have been acting, and be a bit more organised.

改过自新
gǎi​guò​zì​xīn​
To Change Oneself Anew

Photo Source:
Flickr
-------------------------------
If you liked this please share to: |facebook |delicious|
--------------------------------------------------

0 comments

Discovering Mandarin via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Blogumulus by Roy Tanck and Amanda FazaniInstalled by CahayaBiru.com

Popular Posts

About Me

My Photo
Charlie @ Discovering Mandarin
View my complete profile