Daily Chinese Proverb: Forever...

Posted by Charlie @ Discovering Mandarin Friday 21 August 2009
Often used as a metaphor for coping with death, this proverb also can be used to reassure in many instances. Nothing Lasts forever, good, bad or ugly.


天下無不散之筵席
tiānxià wú bù sǎn zhī yán xí
No feast could last (Under the sun) forever



More commonly in English: All good things must come to an end.

-------------------------------
If you liked this please share to: |facebook |delicious|
--------------------------------------------------

2 comments

  1. Kat Zhang Says:
  2. I've actually never heard of that particular proverb. Thanks for teaching me something new! I love proverbs in all languages--Chinese ones always strike me as particularly nice, though : )
    (not that I'm biased at all, oh no!)

    Takat
    Writing away about my latest 3 week adventure through China at http://katacomb.blogspot.com

     
  3. Thank you for keeping on coming back. :)

    Chinese Proverbs always seem so much more concise before translation.

     

Discovering Mandarin via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Blogumulus by Roy Tanck and Amanda FazaniInstalled by CahayaBiru.com

Popular Posts

About Me

My Photo
Charlie @ Discovering Mandarin
View my complete profile