I Want To Learn Mandarin Well

Posted by Charlie @ Discovering Mandarin Monday 3 August 2009
I want to learn Mandarin well. I want to be able to talk, read and write in this fantastic language, and today I did a little bit. Twitter with it's #MandarinMonday search term is a great way to communicate to other people and learn more about this language.

I must admit to somewhat cheating with a translation service I have found, but it seems to work remarkably well (as for now) and has helped me devolop some key words and recognise key characters in sentences. I feel a little bit cheeky for having used it, in time I promise that it will become all of my own hard work translating sentances myself.

Today I leave myself, and anyone else in a similar position with this mantra;

Wǒ xiǎng xuéxí pǔtōnghuà liánghǎo.
Wǒ xiǎng xuéxí pǔtōnghuà liánghǎo.

Wǒ xiǎng xuéxí pǔtōnghuà liánghǎo.

jiāng xuéxí pǔtōnghuà liánghǎo.
I Will Learn Mandarin well.

我想学习普通话良好

All I am hoping for now is, Mandarin:Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday's to help me reach this goal. Here is to renewing my goal of 1 hours Mandarin a day. If I do it, I will be posting here about a new word, phrase or something interesting I have learnt.

The twittering, though not as much as I wanted, did re-inspire me to dig back into Rosetta Stone and my books to increase my vocab and reading. *Excited*

Charlie

-------------------------------
If you liked this please share to: |facebook |delicious|
--------------------------------------------------

1 Responses to I Want To Learn Mandarin Well

  1. Guus Says:
  2. I totally agree. Cheat. Cheat all you can while pretending to speak Mandarin. It all starts with pretending.
    If you continue pretending long enough, you'll become fluent. If only out of laziness for not having to look up the same word over and over again

     

Discovering Mandarin via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Blogumulus by Roy Tanck and Amanda FazaniInstalled by CahayaBiru.com

Popular Posts

About Me

My Photo
Charlie @ Discovering Mandarin
View my complete profile